Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Sweating bullets learning about Social Media!!!

Vine is quite interesting, I am having to learn different ways of how to use current apps to improve or instill education and in my forties it has not been so bad, just quite interesting. My kids aren't liking it so much because I am using them to work on my assignments, I sure am having fun with some of these apps. I can see how Vine is a great advantage to capture student's attention with short clips of books, rules, what not do situation, as well as positive behavior. I will continue to play around with this app a little more with the expense of my children's exceptional summer "IT"S SOO BORING!!!!!" apparently lifestyles.

https://vine.co/feed?mode=grid




Instagram is a really cool app to promote to students and have them follow you. However, I am trying to see how I can promote this in an elementary since students aren't allowed to have phones, because in reality it would be the parents. Then again that would be even better for parents to be in touch with events taking place in the library. I just worry if inappropriate comments are made, I will not be able to screen any information being posted. Furthermore, I will inquire on using instagram at my school and promote it or have a survey on the Meet the teacher night and hopefully I will receive good responses and roll with it. Any comments??? ALL are welcomed.

https://www.instagram.com/condehoyos23/?hl=en

Screenomatic.com is a great site to record tutorials of how to's. I have been very timid about using this sites for fear of messing something up, I have literally become a nail biter. However, once I started working with it I felt more comfortable with the website, considering I felt clueless at first after watching the tutorial. Furthermore, I have found screenomatic to be helpful and plan to use it in the near future to create tutorials on other websites and possibly even how to use storybird for students to create their own books.




7 comments:

  1. I am using my children as subjects on vine. They think they are "famous." :)

    Tiffany Williford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using my children as subjects on vine. They think they are "famous." :)

    Tiffany Williford

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used my fur babies for my vine! I wasn't able to open your vine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be overwhelming sometimes with new types of apps and techy stuff coming out. What happened to just a book and paper?! I remember using CD players, cassette tapes, remember when Super Nintendo and Sega were the in thing? Now they are inventing cars that drive themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie,
    I think having a library Instagram is a great idea! Having a place like this where you can post information separately from your personal Instagram would be an amazing resource for you to have. I am in an intermediate school, so my students are allowed to have their phones in class. I think that at this age group some of the lessons in the library could include using Vine or Instagram to sum up your learning.
    Great post,
    Naomi Emory

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're lucky to have your children's help. I would like to think I am up to date on the newest technology, but with some of these new apps I'm not so sure. Maybe I will ask my niece and nephew for help with some of them :-). Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I googled "instagram in education" I found about 123 million hits... So although they won't all be awesome ideas, I still think you won't have a problem finding some way to use Instagram in your library or school... Here's one: http://www.weareteachers.com/blogs/post/2014/08/07/10-ways-to-use-instagram-in-the-classroom

    ReplyDelete