Website is a much popular site viewed and used by many all over the world. Information in all areas are posted daily by all age group. For, example, I have used Youtube.com on a number of occasions on tutorials on current Math for financial literacy to try to make teaching the concept easier for students to grasp the understanding. The great advantage of YouTube is access to many How to tutorials available.
The North High School Library
Most helpful to students:
"How to Use EBSCOHost" is a great tutorial on how to research articles and magazines dated from twenty years ago to the current date. I myself found the video informative and creditable to my current line of work. The information given is detailed and a step by step process with clear instructions.
"Tiger visit the North High Library" is one I feel students will enjoy most for the reason, a tiger visiting a library is somewhat of a cool issue. The music in the background makes it all the more pleasant watching a tiger entering a library to inquire on research, using the databases and giving awareness of fun activities/ clubs taking place at the Library.
The Unquiet Library
Most helpful to students:"Video tutorial How to embed a Prezi Presentation in Wikispaces" Many students are very tech savvy and I feel this is an informational video for all students, including myself. High school students, as on the video, are being asked to create wiki pages to present portfolios and class assignments that meet 21st century skills. Students greatly benefit from this video and the steps are thorough and precise.
An upbeat, colorful and creative video with information on licensing. Students are given a brief but poignant importance of copyright.
Pikesville Library
Which is most helpful to students:
"Registration Process" informative video to guide students on what to expect at registration. Students at times feel timid and shy to ask question on what is needed to do. The registration video gives explicit information on what is important in registration.
Video students would like best:
"The Panthers Library shakes" was the most viewed with 302 views of the video. Short video clip doing the Harlem shake, students looked like they really enjoyed working the video. Everyone loves music.
BBMSMedia
Most helpful to students:
"Noodle Tools- How to Print/Export Works Cited" Mr. Yeargin does a great job to explain to students an important final step of their research using Noddle tools site and detailing the advantage of using the site .
Video students would like best:
So many to chose from, I liked them all and would like to do a parody myself sometime soon on overdue books. The videos were hilarious and informative, Who does that?!! Love IT!!!! According to the most views of 1,765 , Harlem Shake wins again. Students LOVE to be in videos, especially if it means to act out and be silly.
Animoto
A website where to express and display and create a fun album of your most precious moments. Animate is user friendly snd simple to use, uploading, adding text, selecting your music. Simple.
Here is my Animoto of the story from Doreen Cronin, Chicken Squad
QR Codes
QR codes are pretty much everywhere, I order my movie tickets online and a QR code is sent to my iPhone wallet for scanning at the theatre. Interesting how apps are in our lives. I created a QR for the book trailer on Animoto. I chose to do the Chicken Squad story because it will be one of the books we will be reading with this coming school years book club. From the short book trailer I created, I will have students build up questions and collaborate scenarios of the story line. QR codes will be a good use for the new listing of the Texas Bluebonnet List for the Elementary Library. The QR code generator was very simple to use, I had been panicking thinking I was going to spend hours trying to figure it out, YAY!!!!! Really YAY!!!!!


Hi Connie,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post. I loved your idea of using the book trailer to encourage student questions before reading the book.
Cute trailer!
ReplyDeleteHi Connie,
ReplyDeleteWell chosen videos and super cute book trailer for students. Nice way to hook them and promote brainstorming prior to a read aloud.
- Johtell
I liked your book trailer. It will be a great way to have students develop questions and predictions. I also liked your idea of having a QR code to link to the Bluebonnet list. Great ideas!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great collection of videos! Your book trailer is so good, too-- don't give much away, just pique my interest (it did!). The uses for QR codes continue to grow, and thanks for listing some I haven't seen before.
ReplyDelete